First-year students may find the following list of useful items to be helpful. Also view the list of prohibited items.
- clothes hangers
- alarm clock
- laundry supplies
- desk lamp
- small sewing kit
- postage stamps
- prescription / first aid items
- 3 to 2 prong adapters
- wattage adapters for international students
- athletic equipment
- dictionary / thesaurus
- musical instruments
- computer / printer
- small fan
- mattress pad
- extra long mattresses are 36” x 80” available on request, although numbers are limited. (regular sizes 36” x 75”). Exception Jewett, Davison and Strong only XL beds.
- wall hangings (to be hung with Painter's Tape only)
- surge protector(s)
- coffee pot / hot pot (must have reasonable automatic shut-off time that will be determined by the Office of Residential Life)
- refrigerator (may not exceed 5 cubic ft.)
- television / VCR/DVD (you may bring one, but cable service is not available in the rooms)
Note: You may not remove any of the furniture from your room.